2016 Cancer Cup Regatta
Raise a sail for the Bellingham Cancer Cup Regatta, which this year includes both the Leukemia Cup Regatta and the Pink Boat Regatta.
- The Leukemia Cup Regatta is a sailing event that raises important funds for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society. Skippers and crew collect donations and the event will culminate with a fun-rules race on Bellingham Bay.
- Proceeds raised during the Pink Boat Regatta will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, (BCRF). The BCRF will award grants to scientists from top universities and medical institutions around the globe.
Anyone with an interest in regattas and a passion about raising funds to cure cancer can participate. Participants will include sailboat enthusiasts – skippers and sailors – and spectators who like to watch from other vessels and cheer the sailors on. To register to raise money for one or either of the charities, click the appropriate charity name link above.
After the regatta, come off of the water for a great party in celebration of the impact made in the fight against cancer!
Please Sign Up or Make a Donatation
To sign up for the Cancer Cup Regatta or to make a donation to either of these worthy charities, click the appropriate link below.
All Donations are Tax Deductable!!
Cancer Cup Event Schedule
The following is a general schedule of events for the Cancer Cup. More details may be added as the event nears.
Saturday, August 27th, 2016
- 0800-1100 – Late Registration
- 1130 – Skipper’s Meeting (BYC Ward Room)
- 1300 – Warning signal for regatta
- 1300 – Racing from 1315 to 1445
- 1500 – BYC Lounge Opens
- 1600 – Program Begins (Speakers, Auction, Drawing)
- 1700 – Dinner
- 1800 – Band Begins – music by the Atlantics
- 1930 – Dancing